STEVE Bruce has already fanned the flames ahead of his reunion with Villa next month.
Bruce was sacked by Villa’s new owners earlier this season to be replaced by Dean Smith.
And Bruce will face his former team at Hillsborough on April 6.
But he told Sky Sports that he felt his dismissal by Villa was ‘unfair’.
It came after a 3-3 draw with Preston in October after a fan had thrown a cabbage at him.
But the run of results was too much for Villa chiefs Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens who decided to make the change.
It brought to an end a difficult year for the ex-Manchester United defender.
But Bruce, 58, did not have to wait long to get back into the game at Wednesday.
Bruce said: “You’re always bitter and disappointed when you lose a job.
”I thought it was a bit unfair after getting to a play-off final that I lost my job after 11 games of the next season.
“But I’m not going to sit here and think it’s great because we’re above Aston Villa.
“We move on and football moves on very quickly. I’ve been given another wonderful job and I want to do the best I can, as I always try to do.
“I want to get Wednesday back into the Premier League.
“I’ve taken this job because I believe I can get them back there. It excites me.”