Aston Villa v Bristol City…… match facts
DEAN Smith admitted in the week that he has a decent record against Bristol City.
And he is right, but one result be would prefer to forget came from his time as Walsall manager.
Four years ago, he lost to Bristol City 8-2, but has not lost to them since.
Here are the pre-match stats, courtesy of BBC Online.
- Aston Villa have won six of their past seven home league meetings with Bristol City, losing the other 2-0 in August 1979.
- Bristol City are winless in four league meetings with Aston Villa (W0 D2 L2) since winning 3-1 in August 2016.
- Aston Villa have won their past seven league games – they last recorded eight consecutive victories in April 1975.
- Former Aston Villa forward Andreas Weimann has scored 10 league goals in 38 games for Bristol City this season – he had scored just 15 times in 124 previous Championship appearances (including play-offs) across five seasons before this campaign.
- Since losing 8-2 against Bristol City as Walsall manager in May 2015, Villa boss Dean Smith is unbeaten in five league meetings against the Robins (W3 D2 L0).
- Bristol City manager Lee Johnson has only managed more Championship matches without winning against Alex Neil (six) than he has against Smith (five).